A Juggling pattern animator
Below is an applet that will animate any juggling pattern that can be
described in site-swap notation.
Pattern: 4 2 3
This applet can accept the following parameters:
- speed: Sets the amount of time the applet will sleep between
updates. Default is 20.
- detail: Sets the number of updates done per cycle. Default is
- scoop: Sets the offset between the throw and catch points of a
hand. Default is 10.
- gravity: Sets a constant that affects the height of the throw.
The lower the constant, the lower the throw. Default is 100.
- hands: Sets the number of hands are in the pattern. Default is 2.
- pattern: Sets the pattern to be animated. Is a string of
non-negative integers representing the height of each individual throw.
Default is 3 (standard 3-ball cascade).
- startup: Sets the startup pattern. Is needed for some patterns
that can't get started on their own. Default is the empty string.
In addition, once the applet comes up, you can fiddle with all the parameters
(except for number of hands :-) ). There also is a checkbox labeled "On Acid?"
which turns off clearing the background when the balls are redrawn, thus
leaving a nice tracers effect.
Here's the source.